12 MONTH FULL TIME – FIXED TERM CONTRACT WITH A POSSIBILITY OF AN EXTENSION
Are you looking for a new challenge as well as a varied workload?
Directions Workforce Solutions Inc. is looking to recruit a proactive individual to be based at the Northam Jobs and Skills Centre in Northam.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager, the primary focus of this role will be to provide individuals of all ages and backgrounds advice and guidance on their career paths, goals and aspirations.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake the below key activities:
- Plan and participate in school and community events concerning education and career development to facilitate information and to raise the profile of the organisation and its services
- Enthusiastically contribute to the delivery of high value services, conducting career guidance sessions / workshops, completing realistic, holistic action plans for individual clients, recommending referrals and ongoing client communication to educate the community in employability skills, career guidance and new world of work
- Monitor and maintain client databases and filing systems for the accurate and up-to-date management of records, reports and Jobs and Skills Centre statistics
- Regularly research and collate labour and employment information regarding job and training opportunities, entry and skill requirements and other occupational information for a high level of customer service
- Actively pursue opportunities to market all Directions services and grow the profile of local and regional career pathways, career services and the organisation at meetings, conventions and seminars and in the broader community as appropriate or as directed
- Excellent organisational skills, customer service skills, time management, ability to multi task and demonstrate flexibility
- Ability to liaise confidently across various client and stakeholder groups, including the possession of cultural awareness / sensitivity, work as part of team and possess conflict resolution management skills
- Exceptional networking and promotional skills to promote career development to all stakeholders
- Effective verbal, presentation and listening skills
- Be able to conduct workshops and information session to different size audiences
- High computer literacy, specifically Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook and in-house databases
- Well-developed written and interpersonal communication skills
- Be able to travel around Wheatbelt/Perth region
- Australian citizen, Permanent Resident or relevant right to work visa
- A qualification or progression towards a Cert IV in Career Development
- Suitable Professional qualifications and / or relevant experience in training, education or social services
To be considered for this role you must successfully:
- Submit a Resume and Cover-letter outlining how you have demonstrated the skills as outlined in the essential and highly desirable criteria
- Complete all pre-screening questions
- Subject to the attainment of a Working with Children Check (Western Australia)
- Maintain a current Western Australian Drivers Licence.
- Indigenous Australians and Female Candidates are encouraged to apply.
Directions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages Indigenous Australians and Female candidates to apply. If you find this opportunity appealing, APPLY NOW!
We may close this vacancy prior to the advertisement closing date.
All applicants must apply through Directions Job board www.directionswa.com.au
Directions is a community-based charity committed to supporting WA people and businesses. Directions has over 30 years’ experience providing workforce development solutions to businesses through apprenticeships and traineeships, alongside career development and advice to assist jobseekers to make the best choices.