Third Sector seeks passionate editor
Third Sector is looking for a Sydney-based editor to join its team.
Reporting to the Director of Content, you will be responsible for writing, editing and publishing stories on our digital media platforms, as well as producing content for our quarterly print publication.
You will be a creative and technically savvy journalist/editor with a minimum of four years experience, ideally in business journalism. You like challenges and working independently but will also enjoy working as part of a supportive, tight-knit team. This full-time position is best suited to someone with a passion for the Australian not-for-profit (NFP) sector.
Requirements include the ability to:
- Carry out research, prepare and write daily news stories.
- Develop a range of contacts and sources in the sector.
- Source and manage external contributors.
- Liaise with in-house designers.
- Understand newsroom and production processes and requirements.
- Prepare and write feature articles.
- Carry out both phone and face-to-face interviews with CEOs and directors.
- Work to both daily, weekly and quarterly deadlines.
- Manage CMS and other multimedia platforms (such as WordPress and Bronto).
You will have:
- Proven experience creating and writing news articles and features.
- Strong editorial judgement, the ability to produce accurate and concise copy, and first-class subediting skills.
- A keen news sense and a thorough understanding of the way news stories are compiled for both online and print mediums.
- A demonstrated awareness of new media technologies and platforms, including use of multimedia production tools.
About Third Sector
Published by Octomedia, Third Sector is a professional development hub for the leaders of Australia’s NFP sector across print and digital platforms. Content covers all areas of organisational business: leadership, innovation, IT, HR, marketing, legal, finance, funding, governance and partnerships. Third Sector aims to equip the leaders of the sector with the news, resources and opinion they need to be abreast of in order to thrive in an ever-changing climate.
If this sounds like you, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org