Association bares list of ‘influencers’ in 2020
The Australasian Society of Association Executives (AuSAE) has announced their Association Influencers of 2020, a program highlighting the outstanding contributions of individuals in the association community across Australia and New Zealand.
AuSAE took the opportunity to launch the inaugural Association Influencers Program in 2020, to recognise individuals in Australia and New Zealand’s Association sector as they stood front and centre – supporting, protecting and advocating for their members as the once in a generation global crisis unfolded.
AuSAE is composed of current and future association and not-for-profit (NFP) leaders in Australia and New Zealand. AuSAE focuses on fostering a strong and robust association sector in Australia and New Zealand through providing professional development, support and networking opportunities for existing and emerging leaders.
An independent judging panel of experienced and passionate association leaders selected 13 Association Influencers for 2020 from a group of 44 peer nominated professionals.
Influencers were selected based on how they demonstrated influence, exemplary leadership, unrivalled guidance, strength in resilience and service to the sector over the last 12 months. An eclectic mix of CEOs, event professionals, general managers and innovators from a diverse range of industries are showcased, including nursing, hospitality, tourism and aged care.
“It has been our privilege to acknowledge each and every one of these individuals; their tireless efforts to making a significant and lasting impact within our tribe and setting the benchmark for association professionals into the future,” said Lyn McMorran, AuSAE President and Executive Director of the Financial Services Federation.
“We thank all our nominees for their continued support and commitment to the community over the last 12 months and congratulate our Association Influencers of 2020,” she said.
The recepients of AuSAE’s Association Influencers 2020 are as follows:
- Kylie Ward, CEO Adjunct Professor – Australian College of Nursing
- Wes Lambert, CEO – Restaurant & Catering Association of Australia
- Charles Cameron, CEO – Recruitment, Consulting and Staffing Association of Australia and New Zealand
- Sarah Lang, Project Director – Infrastructure New Zealand
- Chris Roberts, Chief Executive – Tourism Industry Aotearoa
- James Pearson, CEO – Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Lori Modde, CEO – Outdoors NSW & ACT
- Merlin Kong, Head of innovAGEING and Principal Adviser for Innovation – Leading Age Services Australia
- Patricia Sparrow, CEO – Aged & Community Services Australia
- Andrew Hiebl, CEO – Association of Australian Convention Bureaux
- David McKeon, CEO – GrainGrowers
- Jessica Keough, National Committee and Events Manager – Auscontact Association
- Thomas Dunsmore, General Manager – Australian Boarding Schools Association