The following figures were obtained via analysis of the completed surveys:
- Approximately 50 per cent of respondents rated their organisation’s ability to attract and manage bequests as ‘very weak’
- 75 per cent rated their governance as ‘strong’ or ‘very strong’
- Most rated their organisation as ‘sophisticated’ or ‘somewhat sophisticated’ in business terms which was a distinct improvement on the survey results from 5 years ago where two-thirds rated themselves as ‘very unsophisticated’ or ‘unsophisticated’
- Respondents considered integrity, communication skills and specialist knowledge among the key attributes when deciding upon external legal providers
- Just under half of respondents were unaware of the proposed national NFP Regulator.