Third sector award for emerging scholars: deadline approaching
ITSR is seeking dissertations that contribute to the field of comparative study of civil society organizations, nonprofit organizations, philanthropy, voluntarism and related issues.
This award will be presented biennially for a PhD dissertation completed or defended in the two calendar years (July 1, 2007 through June 30, 2009) preceding the award. Self-nominations are accepted.
Dissertations focused exclusively on the United States are not eligible.
The winner will be announced at the ISTR 9th International Conference in Istanbul, Turkey, held July 7-10, 2010. Dissertations may be submitted in English, French, German, Spanish, and Portuguese.
Submissions must be sent on CD Rom and include the following:
- Letter of acceptance for the degree
- Letter explaining the precise nature and merits of the work
- 500 word abstract of the dissertation’s subject matter (in English)
- One full copy of the dissertation
- Release form stating that ISTR has permission to reproduce
- Sample chapter from the dissertation.
Deadline: Dissertations and accompanying materials much be received by the ISTR secretariat prior to 29 January, 2010. Entries will be read by a three member committee.